Book your 30min Consultation -A $30 redeemable deposit is required to secure this treatment booking.
SHR Stands for Super Hair Removal and it is the latest breakthrough innovation in Permanent Hair Reduction. When compared to traditional or Laser hair removal treatments, SHR is faster, easier and best of all –it’s virtually painless.
With SHR, you can experience comfortable hair reduction treatments in almost half the time of traditional Laser or tougher hair removal method sessions.
The gradual heating method of the SHR light delivery to the targeted hair follicle also means that treatments are comfortable & practically pain free. This allows our specially trained clinicians here at Natural Beauty & Medi Clinic to achieve exceptional hair removal results on a broader range of skin and hair types.
At Natural Beauty & Medi Clinic the rapid treatment times and superior comfort factor both make SHR a leading choice when seeking permanent and hassle free hair removal solutions. In addition SHR offers a great way to save on the ongoing cost and time spent on waxing, delipiloy creams, laser and shaving.
- SHR excels in virtually painless and rapid hair removal from larger areas.
- SHR can remove unwanted hair from the face or body quickly, comfortably & permanently.
- Enjoy a hair removal solution that suits your lifestyle.
- Long lasting results,
- Virtually painless
- Rapid session times
- No more shaving
- No more painless waxing
- No more dangerous unworthy Laser treatments
- No more lumps or bumps
- Save time and money.
All Laser & SHR, IPL procedures performed at Natural Beauty & Medi Clinic are performed by a licensed IPL/Laser operator.
We go above and beyond to ensure you the safest and most effective laser & IPL available by employing only highly qualified staff members and training them to the highest standards when performing procedures with years of dermal and machinery experience.
Unlike other Laser & devices machines Natural Beauty & Medi Clinic SHR & IPL is top quality, TGA Australian Standard approved.
SHR Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the difference between SHR, IPL & Laser?
SHR technology is a breakthrough innovation in permanent hair removal. The difference between SHR & other IPL & Laser devices is that SHR scans the treatment area and utilises high pulse repetition rates at low energy levels rather than delivering individual high intensity shots to the treatment area like laser. It’s also a safer, newer and more effective treatment than Laser! It has a much more controlled wavelength than laser making it fair more thorough. SHR & IPL also don’t emit radiation like some lasers do.
Is SHR hair removal right for me?
Dark, coarse, fine, blonde and red hair all respond well to SHR IPL hair removal treatments.
Which parts of the body can SHR treat?
SHR is suited to larger treatment areas that can be scanned by the SHR handpiece. You can remove unwanted hair from the legs, arms, back, bikini line and more with SHR. SHR excels in virtually painless and rapid hair removal from larger areas both male & female, including those hard to reach areas. Talk to your trained technician about the areas that concern you the most –see our packages also.
How many treatments will I need?
This depends on your individual hair type. Most of our guests require anywhere between 4-6+ sessions to achieve optimum results, all though hair will become finer just from the very first treatment. For some, a yearly maintenance or touch up session may even be required.
How long do I wait before treatments?
SHR Hair Removal treatments must be conducted at regular intervals and this varies depending on the area being treated.
As an example, the face may be treated at 2-4 week intervals, while the chest, back and legs may be treated every 8 weeks.
What do I do before treatment?
Its best to have a consult, therefore we can answer any questions you may have. We will also conduct a test spot on the area which you are concerned about, so we can find the perfect tailored setting for you & so you know what to except for your first additional session.
What can I except during this treatment?
Most of our guests find this a quite comfortable experience. You are in a professional & relaxing clinic environment and are always in good hands at Natural Beauty & Medi Clinic.
What can I expect after this treatment?
Immediately after you may feel a slight ‘pepperiness’ or heated sensation, but nothing generally that will last long. We will apply our gorgeous after care lotion MediSooth which will eliminate any heat.
What are the advantages of SHR?
- Treatments are painless;
- Say goodbye to pain, discomfort and irritation during traditional hair removal sessions! SHR hair removal sessions are virtually painless – making it an attractive hair removal option for those (even sensitive skin types) seeking permanent hair removal results without the fear and worry of pain or discomfort throughout the treatment experience.
- Session times are now slashed in half;
- With SHR technology, your are now in and out of the treatment room in half the time of a typical permanent hair removal session. Rapid session times means you can pop in for treatments despite busy schedules and lifestyles!
- Treat a wider range of skin types.
- Along with the benefit of painless permanent hair removal, SHR technology also boasts the ability to treat a wider range of hair colours and skin characteristics, effectively and permanently reducing hair.
Pre SHR Treatment Recommendations (Hair Removal) what do I need to do before my treatment?
- Do not wax, pluck, use depilatory creams or undertake electrolysis for 4 weeks prior to treatment, and in between treatments
- Do not use prescription strength exfoliant creams (Retin-A and Alpha Hydroxy) for 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Do not shave for up to 2 weeks prior to first treatment. Please shave the night before all subsequent treatments
- Avoid tanning, including self-tanning lotions, tanning bed/booths or sun exposure, for 4 weeks prior to and in between treatments. A Cosmedical sunscreen with SPF 30 (our OCosmedics Mineral Pro is perfect) or greater should be used on any area of sun-exposed skin, which you plan to treat.
Post SHR Treatment Recommendations (Hair Removal) What do I do after?
- A mild sunburn-like sensation is anticipated. This usually resolves within 2-3 hours of treatment but may persist for up to 2 days.
- Application of chilled aloe vera gel or an ice pack every hour for 5 to 10 minutes may be soothing to the skin. Continue until symptoms subside
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas. Apply a sun block with SPF30 or greater daily to sun-exposed treated areas between treatments and for 4-6 weeks after last treatment
- Bathe or shower as usual. Treated areas may be temperature sensitive. Avoid use of strongly scented lotions or soaps, prescription strength exfoliant creams, loofah sponges, and aggressive scrubbing to treated areas during healing phase
- Allow any blistered or open areas to heal spontaneously. If healing is delayed, a thin coating of antibiotic ointment may be advised. Do not pick at these areas. Picking may result in infection or scarring. Allow any crusting to heal spontaneously, crusting will resolve in 3 to 14 days. Application of antibiotic ointment is not recommended for crusting
- Appearance of Stubble may appear in 1 to 4 weeks.
- This is not hair re-growth It is the remnant of treated hairs being expelled from the IPL-damaged follicle. Allow this hair to fall out of the skin on its own or by gently washing with a warm wet washcloth. Do not pluck or tweeze. You may shave during this period
- Best results are obtained on clients who have follow up treatment immediately after hair starts to grow. Your clinician will advise you when you should schedule your next appointment. It is important to adhere to this regime.
Call the professionals today at Natural Beauty & Medi Clinic for your app 0747433223